The purpose of the IMC/VMC Safety Forum is to promote Safety and Proficiency in our flying. It’s a support group to connect experienced pilots with less experienced and provides helping hands to our flying family in the IFR system. We encourage all pilots to get out and receive as much instrument training as possible. The meetings are about learning from each other and sharing our flying experiences through organized hangar flying. We encourage pilots to get out and fly and have fun. Both IFR and VFR Pilots are invited to attend.
The IMC/VMC Safety Forum meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month (No December Meeting) at 19:00. Our venue is at KCXO in the Galaxy FBO. Our meeting agenda consists of brief announcements, a short aviation safety moment, and a main safety topic or speaker. We encourage everyone’s input, suggestions, and stories during the discussions.
Tommy Fankhauser EAA Chapter 302 IMC/VMC Safety Forum Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 435-322-0528
Upcoming Summer Topics:
Come All From the Surrounding areas of Conroe to our Meetings
June 14th – 18:30 start this time. Meeting will go to 20:30 Wings credit
- We will log in and participate in the EAA Webinar: Tips for flying into Oshkosh at 19:00 sharp.
- Bring your past fly-in experience. We’ll submit any questions you have Real Time at the meeting for the Q&A portion of the webinar….
- For wings credit, sign in at meeting and give Email address associated with your Wings account. I’ll submit to Webinar guy Tim with EAA the next day.
- Everyone is welcome to any of our meetings. Even if you aren’t going to AV this year, you’ll get something out of this meeting. You may even find a ride….
- I’ll have Finger sandwiches, chips and the usual coffee and water.
- Bob Humes will lead “The making of the list” of people from the area going to Oshkosh. I encourage all folks on our IMC list to come and get on the list. It’s not just for the Chapter people. We’d like to see you join our chapter someday though.
July 12th – 19:00 Start Time. Weather Challenge!!! Air Safety Institute safety seminar.
- Wings Credit!!!!
- Guest Speaker: Pat Brown Gold Seal CFII/MEI/Glider/CSIP; 2013 FAA Southwest Region CFI of the Year and Texas You Can Fly Ambassador AOPA
- A look at the basic workings of highs, lows, fronts, etc., and the weather associated.
- Review decoding TAFS and Metars and the info that can be gleaned you may miss using decoded briefings.
- An in-depth explanation about ADS-B vs XM weather and what WE see vs what ATC sees.
- A look at case studies of weather related accidents, make go-no go decisions based on scenarios described in the slide show.
August – Guest Speaker: CEO of AvLab oil analysis group
- Discuss Engine Wear detection and sampling
Coming in the Fall:
- Planning is in the works for a flying event in the Fall to honor Texas Aviation History month in November.